Can I remove a student and their records?
What are the computer requirements for online training?
No, once a training record is attached to a student, you will not be able to remove a student. However, you can make the student "Inactive" and they will not show on your current student listing.
How and where do my students take a course?
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows XP, Mac OS X 1.9 (Mavericks) or higher
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
Web Browsers that best support HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
We are gradually removing Flash from our online training courses. However, some older courses may still require Flash to run properly. You will be prompted to enable Flash if your browser has it disabled. The best recommendation we can make is to keep Flash up to date due to various issues with security, etc. See your local IT team if you have questions or concerns about the use of Flash in your organization.
Email Spam Blockers
The Training Portal generates a number of emails to communicate course enrollment and forgotten password requests.
If you do not receive an email, it is possible that your email provider has blocked the email as spam. Many email programs provide a "white list" or "safe sender list". Email addresses on this list will not be considered to be spam.
Add firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to this list to ensure that email from the training portal arrive in your inbox, not your junk mail.
How do I customize the student portal?
To take a J. J. Keller's Online Training course, please go to www.jjktrainingportal.com. You will be supplied with a username and password for accessing this portal. This username and password are specific to you.
Once you sign in to the training portal at www.jjktrainingportal.com you will see your classes listed on the left side of the page and a blue "launch course" link listed on the right. To begin your class simply click on the launch course link and your class will start. The class will give you step by step instructions on how to take the class. If you need to step away from the class before you finish, simply click the "Exit Course" buttons shown within the class.
Step by Step Instructions for Students to Take a Course
- Students will be enrolled in a course by their Training Coordinator.
- Once enrolled a student will receive an email stating that they are enrolled in a specific course(es).
- This email will include a link to the student portal and a unique username & password specifically assigned to that student.
- Click on the student portal link found in the email. It will go to www.jjktrainingportal.com.
- Enter the username and password supplied within the email. Check the User Agreement Box and click on the Logon button. (Note: username and password are case sensitive.)
- Once you are signed in to the training portal you will see your course(es) listed on the left and a blue "launch course" link listed on the right.
- To start your course, click on the blue launch course link, and follow the steps within the course.
- If you need to step away from the course, please use either "exit course" buttons located at the top or bottom of your course.
- You will then be brought back to the portal page. You can then "re-launch" your course at a later time and the course will start from where you left off.
- Once the course is completed, please make sure you click the exit course button.
- If you need to leave the course for an extended period of time, once you click on the exit course button, click on the logoff button to exit the portal entirely.
- If you have completed all your course(es), you can then click the "logout" button located in the upper left corner of the navigation box.
- Once you have completed your course(es), a notification email will be sent to your Training Coordinator stating that you have completed the course.
- At that time your coordinator will print off a completion certificate, or give you authorization to sign back into the training portal to print off your completion certificate.
Each course, once totally completed, can be re-started. Each student can review the course as many times as they wish, however, they can only take the final exam for a total of three times for some classes, other you only have one attempt before the class is completely finished. If the class allows three attempts, and the student tries the final three times, the student will not be able to take the final exam again. The student portal will record the highest score for the completion certificate.
How do I delete a location?
On the Dashboard click on the "My Enrollments" link. You will see a link named "Customize Student Training Portal" > click on this link. Here you can add your customized Welcome Message, upload your Company Logo, and add any pertinent information for your students.
How do I group students together?
You can delete a location if it is not attached to any student. If you find a student attached to the location you want to remove, you will need to change the location to those students and then you will be able to delete a location. On the Dashboard under Administrative Functions you will see a link labeled "My Locations". Click on this link and it will open a page containing all your locations. To delete a location click on the red "X" to delete the location. The site will ask if you really want to delete this location, choose "yes" and the location will be deleted. (*Please note, once deleted, you are unable to retrieve it back - you would need to re-add in your list).
How do I make someone an assistant coordinator?
On the Dashboard, click the "Student Groups" link found under the Interactive Training section. Click on the "Create New Student Group" link > Add a group name > choose either link. Save and Edit Group Members to create your group, or Save and Return to create at a later date.
To learn more about managing your student groups, download our PDF guide for helpful tips.
How do I print off a completion certificate?
Click on the My Students link found under the Administration Functions section. When your students page opens, click on the name of the person you wish to make an Assistant Coordinator. The Asst. Training Coordinator? Yes/No - Edit link > click on the edit link > fill out phone number and email address > set permissions > click "save > then Finished.
How many times can a student take a course?
To print off a completion certificate one at a time, click on the "My Students" link and click on the name of the student that completed a class. Once this page opens, scroll down and find the class listed under Interactive Training History. Across from the name of the completed class you will see a "Print Certificate" link. Click on the link and once the page opens, scroll to the bottom of the page, check the box in front of the students name and choose to print the certificate with a signature line or print certificate without a signature line. At this time you can print, save, or close the certificate.
How do I remove someone as an assistant coordinator?
Most courses will allow a student to attempt the final exam as many times as they'd like within the enrollment period. Some courses have a three attempt limit. The course will notify the student if this limit exists. In all cases, the system will automatically keep the best score out of any final exam attempts.
How do I set up a pass/fail grade for the students?
Click on the My Students link found under the Administration Functions section. When your students page opens, click on the name of the person you wish to make an Assistant Coordinator. The Asst. Training Coordinator? Yes/No - Edit link > click on the edit link > un-check the "I want to give xxxx Assistant Coordinator access". > click "save" > then Finished.
How do I update my information in the Training Portal?
One of the steps of enrolling students you will be asked to set a minimum passing score for the enrollments. You can set a minimum passing score, or you do not have to select a score and leave "No Min Score". Each student can take a course as many times as they'd like within the enrollment period. If the student did not get a "passing grade" determined by your company, they can sign back into the training portal and take the course again. For course final exams, the student can attempt the final as many times as they'd like, and only their highest score will be saved. Some courses have a three attempt limit at the final exam. The course will notify the student of this limit if it exists.
I am unable to log in to the Training on Demand site, the username and password do not work.
On the Dashboard click on the "My Enrollments" link. You will see a link named "Customize Student Training Portal" > click on this link. Here you can edit your customized Welcome Message, Upload your Company Logo, and add any pertinent information for your students.
I bought points (or an Interactive Training subscription), how do I enroll a student to take a class from the Training on Demand site?
A password reminder has been issued in a separate email for access to www.jjkellertraining.com. At any time, you can retrieve your login information by clicking the "Forgot your Password" link (located under the Password textbox) on the J. J. Keller’s Training Center Logon page www.jjkellertraining.com/Account/ForgotPassword.
You will be prompted to enter the email address on your account. Clicking "Submit" prompts the system to immediately email your username and password, thereby avoiding the wait to Login to the Training Center. If you are still unable to sign-in to the Training Center, and you would like some assistance, please feel free to call us at 1‑888‑601‑2018 Option #2 and we'll gladly help you.
**Please note that the sign-in is case-sensitive**
I enrolled a student, but it was for the wrong class, how do I un-enroll them or get my points back?
Sign in to the Training on Demand Site at www.jjkellertraining.com/login.
On the Dashboard under the Interactive Training section click on the "Enroll Student(s) in a Course(s)" link.
Here you will begin with the 5 steps to enroll students.
Step 1 of 5:
Choose your student(s) by checking the box in front of their name. (*Note: you can enroll all students at one time by checking the white box in front of the word "student" found in the gray bar above the listing of your students).
If you have a lengthy student list, you can use the search box function found on this page to find a specific student.
Once the student(s) are selected click on the continue button found at the top or bottom of the page in Step 1.
Step 2 of 5:
Select the course(s) you wish to enroll your students in by checking the white box in front of the course title. Then click the Continue button found at the top or bottom of the page. (Note: You can use the search box to view the courses that pertain to your needs).
Step 3 of 5:
This page will show you:
- Course you have chosen
- Expiration date of course (you may change this to 90 days or less)
- Student Course Announcements
- Have it sent to students with email addresses.
- Have it sent to the Training Coordinator or Assistant Coordinator (you can choose who receives this information) One or the other, you cannot choose both.
- Set a Course reminder email to be sent. (optional) Choose a date you wish it to be sent.
- Have it sent to students with email addresses.
- Have it sent to the Training Coordinator or Assistant Coordinator (you can choose who receives this information) One or the other, you cannot choose both.
When the student completes the class, choose who you want to receive the notification of completion.
Once done, click on the continue button found at the bottom of the page.
Step 4 of 5:
Verify information on this page is correct. You can edit/add/or change the email addresses of the students at this time.
Step 5 of 5:
This page will show you the classes you have your students enroll in, the points that will be deducted from your total points, and the remaining points you have left.
If everything looks correct, click on the "Complete Enrollment" link, your students are now enrolled and your points will automatically be deducted from your total.
Upon enrollment an email is sent to who you selected with their unique username and password and link to the training portal.
If at any time you wish to change the information, click on the Cancel button before you complete the enrollment to start over.
My classes default to 90 days, what if I need it longer?
If the student has not started the class, and the class has not expired, you can unenroll the student. From the Dashboard, click on the "My Enrollments" link found under the Interactive Training section. When this page opens, click on the course title you wish to un-enroll the student. You will see a button named "Unenroll Students". Click on this button, check the box in front of the name of the student you wish to un-enroll and click continue. Confirm this is the student you wish to un-enroll and click "finished". You have now un-enrolled the student and your points will be added back to your total points available.
You will not be able to unenroll a student if they have started the class. If the student has started the class, you will need to re-enroll them into the correct class.
My password for the student training portal does not work.
At this time you are only able to sign up a student for a class with a 90 day expiration date. If you find a student has not started a class, you can un-enroll the student and re-enroll them and choose a new expiration date. If you are an Interactive Training subscriber, then your course enrollments can be set to 90 days beyond the final day of your subscription. You will see the latest date you can assign during the enrollment process.
My student used up all their attempts for the final exam but did not achieve the passing score, however, I am unable to re-enroll them.
Please go to https://www.jjktrainingportal.com and fill in with the information you received for your username and password.
**Please note that the sign-in is case sensitive.**
Make sure you have no spaces before or after the information.
If you are still unable to sign-in to Online Training Portal, and you would like some assistance, please feel free to call us at 1‑888‑601‑2018 Option #2 and we'll gladly help you.
Once the class is expired, how do I get my points back?
If your student did not achieve the minimum score and has used up all their attempts in the final exam, and the class did not expire, you will need to contact the technical support team to expire the class so you can re-enroll the student. You will not be able to enroll a student if a current class is not expired.
Technical Support and Sales staff can be reached at email@example.com or at 1‑888‑601‑2018 Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 6:00pm CT. Or, contact Sales directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Student's name is not showing in drop down to print off certificate.
Once a class has expired, you are unable to get your points back. If you find a student has not started a class, and the class is due to expire, you may un-enroll the student and retrieve your points back.
The slide won't go "next".
Once you are on your Dashboard you will see a link labeled "Print Certificates" under the Administration Functions. Click on this link. Choose the course title in the drop down and select "search". You do not need to fill in the optional filters unless you are unable to find your student. If you do not see your students name, please confirm that they have completed the course showing a completion date and final score. If you have verified the information and the student is still not showing, please call technical support at 1‑888‑601‑2018, #2. (*Please note: You must have 100% on your final exam on all Master Driver Series before the students name will show in the completion certificate listing).
Where and how do I upload students?
Where are you stuck?
Is there is an activity? Activities need to be completed and instructions will need to be followed before a student can continue.
Please read any instructions that show on your screen. You may need to click on all images before the next button will show in the bottom right of the screen.
Video on Demand Computer Requirements
On the Dashboard you will see a link under the Administrative Functions labeled "Import/Export Student List". Please click on this link and follow the simple 3 step process to upload your students into the Training on Demand site. All fields with red column headings are required and code is built into the spreadsheet so data fields can be recognized on import. At this time, you can only upload new students, but we plan on offering the ability to update your existing student records through the import process.
Where do I see the students questions sent to me?
Videos won't play?
Our videos are streamed using HTML5, which means that desktop computers, laptops and mobile devices such as iPads and Android tablets running modern web browsers can all be used.
The following web browsers support HTML5 video:
- Google Chrome (latest version recommended)
- Internet Explorer 9 (latest version recommended)
- Firefox (latest version recommended)
- Apple Safari (latest version recommended)
- Android Browser (using Android 4.2.1 Jellybean or higher)
Using an older web browser?
Older web browsers such as Internet Explorer 6, 7, and 8 will typically use Flash. If you are using an older web browser, please make sure you have the latest version of Flash:
- Before installing Adobe Flash, you will need to uninstall any older versions you currently have running on your computer. To do so, download Adobe's official uninstaller here. Make sure to select your correct operating system, and then click "Uninstall Flash."
- Once you've uninstalled the older version of Flash, follow Adobe's instructions for reinstalling the most recent version. The download option is on the right-hand side of the page.
- After you've downloaded the file, exit your browser first, and then install the upgraded version of Flash to your computer.
- Last, open your browser again and log back in to www.jjkellertraining.com. You should now be able to view videos.
If the instructions above don't resolve the issue, also try the following:
- Temporarily disable popup blocking software installed on your computer to test.
- Allow jjkellertraining.com as a trusted site in your Firewall software.
- Ensure other applications like Quicktime, iTunes, Real Player, or Windows Media Player aren't set as the default streaming application, as this might affect the video player.
- Make sure your computer is set up properly for Flash by checking out Adobe's Advanced Troubleshooter here.
Try viewing the video below...if you cannot, scroll down for troubleshooting help. Since internet connections can vary greatly from location to location, we recommend that you test any PC where you will be playing Training on Demand videos, especially those at remote locations. Send the url https://www.jjkellertraining.com/Views/VideoOnDemand/VideoHelp.aspx to anyone in your company that needs to perform a test (an account is not needed in order to do this).
Important! You may require assistance from your local computer/network support team with the following.
You'll need a computer that meets the following minimum requirements:
- Operating Systems:Windows 7 or higher, Apple iOS (latest version recommended), MacOS X, Android 4.2.1 Jellybean (latest version recommended)
- Web Browsers: Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Firefox 38 or higher (latest version recommended), Google Chrome 44.0.2403 or higher (latest version recommended), Apple Safari 8.0.6 or higher (latest version recommended);
- 2 GHz processor
- 1GB RAM
You will also need an active broadband connection to the Internet
- Make sure you have a broadband connection to the Internet, not a dial-up connection. Then check to see that no other devices or software in your system are using up that bandwidth. We recommend at least a 3.0-Mbps connection speed for uninterrupted video quality.
- If your screen goes blank, green or another color, without showing video, you probably need to update your computer's video card drivers; contact your IT department or your computer or video card manufacturer for instructions.
How the Speed of Your Internet Connection Affects Video Quality
The speed of your Internet connection affects instant watching
The video quality will vary based on your actual Internet connection speed. You can check your current internet speed by using an online utility like www.speedtest.net (click the Begin Test button - not the Start Scan Now button.)
The faster your Internet connection, the better your video quality
Training On Demand automatically chooses the video quality to give you the best image possible based on the speed of your Internet connection. The faster your Internet connection, the higher the quality that we can deliver to you.
How the speed of your Internet connection can change
The speed of your Internet connection can change frequently based on network conditions in your residence and your Internet Service Provider's system.
If you are having problems with the speed of your connection, try the following:
- Your company or residence
- Check to see if others in your company or household are accessing the Internet while you are trying to watch a video. Downloading music, streaming media, and online game playing can substantially reduce the amount of Internet connectivity available for watching instantly.
- If your computer is using a wireless network connection, make sure you are close enough to your wireless LAN access point to ensure strong reception. In addition, keep in mind that use of cordless phones and microwave ovens can cause interference with wireless networks.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Contact the ISP that provides your DSL, Cable, or other broadband network service and ask what speed you should be able to receive under your plan and whether you are actually receiving that speed.
- Your company
- Check with your company's IT department to see that media-rich web-content is not being restricted on your internet connection.
Video Quality and Available Network Bandwidth
Training On Demand automatically determines the quality of the video you receive by analyzing your available network bandwidth. You cannot select the video quality level yourself, and the level may change depending on your actual network conditions.
Videos still do not work?
If you still cannot view videos, please contact our technical support team at email@example.com or call us at 1‑888‑601‑2018 Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 6:00pm CT.
I need technical support to login to my computer remotely to help with an issue.
On the Dashboard click on the "My Enrollments" link. You will see a link named "View Student Questions" > click on this link. Use this page to view and respond to questions from your students regarding their online training courses.
With your permission, a member of our support team will use our live remote-assistance tool (GoToAssist™), to view your desktop and control of your mouse and keyboard to help resolve your technical issue. Once the session is closed, the GoToAssist™ access cookie is removed and we no longer have access to your computer.