Human trafficking is a serious crime. Every day, women, men, girls, and boys are forced into commercial sex trafficking, forced labor situations, and domestic servitude.
A professional driver may be able to observe, identify, and report these crimes. Drivers tend to frequent the most common places where many of these exchanges happen, including gas stations, restaurants, truck stops, rest areas, and motels. That puts drivers in a position to help disrupt established trafficking networks and enable law enforcement to rescue victims before it’s too late.
This course is designed to help non-CDL CMV drivers identify different types of human trafficking and those most at risk of becoming victims. It also provides you with information on how to notify authorities.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe human trafficking and identify those who are most at risk
- Recognize the signs of human trafficking
- Explain how to respond appropriately when you suspect human trafficking is taking place
The J. J. Keller Safe and Smart Non-CDL Driver Training for Experienced Drivers: Human Trafficking Awareness online course covers the following topics:
What is Human Trafficking?
- What is Human Trafficking?
- People at Risk
- Trafficker Profile
- Potential Trafficking Victims
- Vehicles Used for Trafficking
- Locations Used for Trafficking
Know How to Respond
- Choose to Act
- Approaching the Victim
- Contacting Authorities
Intended Audience: New hire, experienced non-CDL CMV drivers
Copyright Date: 2020
Online Course Length: 15 minutes
Product Code: 61160