For a professional driver, the vehicle’s controls and instruments are essential to basic operation, safety, and maintenance.
This course is designed to refresh drivers on the controls and instruments that are essential to basic operation, safety, and maintenance.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the use of infrequently used controls
- Discuss the function and use of little-used controls and the related systems
- Describe the purpose and use of secondary controls not frequently used
- Recognize vehicle warning devices
The J. J. Keller Safe and Smart Experienced Driver Training Program: Control Systems online course covers the following topics:
Vehicle Controls and Instruments
- Engine Controls
- Antilock Brakes
- Driver Safety
- Fire Extinguisher
- Warning Devices
- Warning Lights and Alarms
Length of Course: 10 minutes
Intended Audience: New hire, experienced non-CDL CMV drivers
Regs Covered (if applicable): CFR or ANSI
Formats: Online Course
Copyright Date: 2020
Start training today!
Learn more about the Safe and Smart Driver Training Program.