Hazardous materials (hazmat) are substances or materials that the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has determined are capable of posing an unreasonable risk to health, safety and property when transported in commerce. The Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) are a set of rules established by The Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) to ensure hazmat is packaged and handled safely during transport.
Proper training is needed to ensure that every job function associated with the hazardous materials process is done correctly. This includes general awareness, safety, and security awareness training, as well as any additional in-depth security and function-specific training related to your company and the work your employees do.
Hazmat: Safety Training is designed to provide hazmat employees with the information they need to keep themselves, and others, safe around hazardous materials. This course helps employees meet the safety training requirements (49 CFR 172.704(a)(3)).
Note: This course helps hazmat employees meet the training requirements listed in the HMR, but does not completely satisfy them. Additional employer-specific, in-depth security, and function-specific training may also need to be taken.
- After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the emergency response information requirements
- Describe the types of safety training their employer may provide to keep them safe while working around hazmat
- Pay Per View format allows trainers to conduct effective, affordable training wherever they have Internet access
- Available as Basic and Premium programs - Premium Programs include everything the Basic program does, plus numerous extras (see "Components" tab for details)
- Includes 3 days of access to the video plus downloadable Trainer Guide, quiz and answer key, a training log and supplemental video content
- Program is viewable from video-capable, internet-connected mobile devices such as an iPhone and iPad, as well as most Android tablets and phones
Other courses in the Hazmat: Training for All Employees curriculum:
- Hazmat: General Awareness Training - Pay Per View Training
- Hazmat: Security Awareness Training - Pay Per View Training
FREE Recordkeeping Tool
Training documentation is essential – and sometimes required. Our FREE recordkeeping tool enables you to keep track of any training session on any topic, regardless of the training format you purchase. You'll know which employees trained on which topics and when.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your intranet or LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your company intranet or learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-327-6868. Learn more.