Falls are one of the most common causes of workplace injuries and deaths. Recently, the Bureau of Labor Statistics indicated slips, trips, and falls account for more than 300,000 nonfatal injuries and 800 fatal work injuries in one year.
OSHA requires the use of fall protection when working 4 feet or more above a lower level in all general industry workplaces under Subpart D, "Walking-Working Surfaces," because 81% of all falls to a lower level end fatally.
This program is designed to help learners understand OSHA fall protection requirements. Specifically, it will cover the potential hazards and protective measures you can take to help prevent injuries while working on elevated working platforms and runways, or near floor, wall or window openings.
- The J. J. Keller's Fall Protection for General Industry program covers the following topics:
- Potential Hazards
- Intro to Potential Hazards
- Unsafe Environment
- Unsafe Equipment
- Unsafe Behavior
- Employer Requirements
- Types of Fall Protection
- What's New with Fall Protection
- Guardrail Systems
- Ladder Safety Systems
- Safety Net Systems
- Designated Areas
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Using Fall Protection Safely
- Choosing the Right Fall Protection
- Inspecting Fall Protection
- Using Fall Protection
- Storing Fall Protection
- Performing Maintenance
- After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Explain how injuries by falling occur
- Describe ways to eliminate and prevent fall hazards in the workplace
- Summarize employer requirements to protect workers from fall hazards
- Identify various forms of fall protection and scenarios when each would be appropriate
- Intended Audience: Any worker susceptible to falls while working on elevated surfaces, work platforms or runways, or near floor, wall or window openings
- Length: 15 minutes
- Available in English or Spanish
- Regs Covered: 29 CFR 1910 Subpart D
- Copyright Date: 2017, Spanish 2017
Pay Per View
- Pay Per View format allows trainers to conduct effective, affordable training wherever they have Internet access.
- Includes 3 days of access to the video plus downloadable Trainer Guide, quiz and answer key, and a training log.
- Program is viewable from video-capable, internet-connected mobile devices such as an iPhone® and iPad®, as well as most Android™ tablets and phones.
FREE Recordkeeping Tool
Training documentation is essential – and sometimes required. Our FREE recordkeeping tool enables you to keep track of any training session on any topic — regardless of the training format you purchase.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-327-6868. Learn more.