The entry-level driver training (ELDT) rule has been delayed for two years. The new compliance date is February 7, 2022. Though the rule has been delayed, schools and training entities should continue to prepare for this final rule, as the requirements are complex. It will take a substantial amount of time to implement all curriculum, facility, equipment, and instructor requirements.
This course can be used to help satisfy the theory instruction portion of the new entry-level driver training (ELDT) requirements that go into effect on February 7, 2022. To satisfy the theory instruction requirements, this course must be assigned and administered by a school or other entity listed on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Training Provider Registry (TPR). To satisfy the complete ELDT training requirements, the school or entity conducting the training must provide the driver-trainee "behind-the-wheel" instruction in addition to theory instruction.
When it comes to topics of importance in the motor carrier industry, Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) is at the top of the list. So, what is CSA and how does it affect learners and their future as professional drivers?
This course is designed to help learners answer this and many more questions on the topic.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the goal of the Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) system
- List the four major components of the CSA system
- Describe the seven Behavior Analysis and Safety Improvement Categories (BASICs), BASIC scores, and strategies for keeping BASIC scores low
- Recognize actions that can be taken by the FMCSA in an intervention
The J. J. Keller Entry-Level Driver Training Module 32: CSA online course covers the following topics:
- What is CSA?
- Data Collection
- Safety Measurement System (SMS)
- Behavior Analysis and Safety Improvement Categories (BASICs)
- Unsafe Driving
- Hours-of-Service Compliance
- Driver Fitness
- Controlled Substances and Alcohol
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials (HM) Compliance
- Crash Indicator
- Assigning Value
- Safety Evaluation
- Motor Carrier Interventions
- Driver Interventions
- Your Role in CSA
- CSA-Related Data
Course Length: 20 minutes
Intended Audience: Drivers who are applying for an initial commercial driver’s license (CDL) or drivers upgrading their current CDL.
Copyright Date: 2019.