In a perfect world, everyone would just get along. Unfortunately, feelings and differences make it challenging at times to get through the day without some sort of social turmoil. However, sometimes that turmoil turns into actual discrimination or harassment. This can affect both the victim and others in the work environment.
It is known that three out of five people have witnessed or experienced discrimination at work. This statistic is specifically referring to discrimination based on age, race, gender, or lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer (LGBTQ) identity in the workplace. To put things in perspective, if you haven't yet experienced it yourself, the people sitting next to you probably have.
Feelings of exclusion can increase if respect is not shown by all employees for everyone in the workplace. There are always challenges to overcome and disrespectful behaviors to address. This is true even in the most diverse, equitable, and inclusive organizations.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Training: Addressing Workplace Challenges is designed to help employees and managers understand the challenges of a diverse workplace and factors that contribute to a hostile work environment. It will also teach them what to do if they experience or witness disrespectful behavior or discrimination.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize behaviors that could create a hostile work environment
- Explain when and how to address disrespectful behavior
- Describe what to do if they witness or are the victim of discrimination
The J. J. Keller Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Training: Addressing Workplace Challenges covers the following topics:
Challenges and Contributing Factors
- A Hostile Work Environment
- Employment Actions
- Disrespectful Behavior
What to Do
- When and How to Speak Up
- How to Report Discrimination
Intended Audience: All employees, supervisors, and management
Copyright Date: 2022
- Online Course Length: 23 minutes
- Video Program Running Time: 17:57
- Online Course - English: 67387
- Online Course - Spanish: 67388
- Video Program - English: 67401
- Video Program - Spanish: 67402