The Driver Training Series is a collection of training programs which emphasize the essential skills necessary for safe CMV operation. This series is appropriate for all levels of drivers, from the entry-level to the veteran driver.
Truck backing counts as a very small percentage of a driver's driving time. But, the most common, and sometimes most costly, crashes or incidents in trucking involve backing. Backing incidents don't just damage trailers, buildings, and other equipment; sometimes they're fatal.
This program is designed to help reduce the number of backing accidents by teaching drivers how to recognize the dangers of backing and provide expert-level backing procedures. It covers the proper procedures for each backing maneuver, including straight-line, alley dock, sight-side jackknife, and blind-side jackknife backing and parallel parking.
- The program covers the following topics:
- Dangers & Guidelines
- Backing Dangers
- General Backing Guidelines
- How to Back Your Tractor-Trailer Safely
- Steering Principles
- Backing Maneuvers
- After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the dangers of backing
- Recall general backing guidelines
- Apply good backing techniques and appropriate backing maneuvers based on the situation
- Intended Audience: All drivers of vehicles that require a CDL to operate
- Available in English
- Copyright Date: 2019
Pay Per View
- Pay Per View format allows trainers to conduct effective, affordable training wherever they have Internet access.
- Includes 3 days of access to the video plus downloadable Trainer Guide, quiz and answer key, and a training log.
- Program is viewable from video-capable, internet-connected mobile devices such as an iPhone® and iPad®, as well as most Android™ tablets and phones.
FREE Recordkeeping Tool
Training documentation is essential – and sometimes required. Our FREE recordkeeping tool enables you to keep track of any training session on any topic — regardless of the training format you purchase.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-327-6868. Learn more.