The professional driver delivers everything from raw materials to manufacturers, to completed products to warehouses, stores, and homes. The professional driver operates a commercial motor vehicle as part of his or her job―from building roads and houses to repairing furnaces and refrigerators.
Just as important, no matter the reason for operating a commercial motor vehicle, the professional driver always conducts himself or herself in a safe and courteous manner―from safe driving habits to superior customer service―in all situations.
This course is designed to refresh non-CDL CMV drivers some of the basics when it comes to being a professional in the transportation industry.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the importance of complying with applicable laws and regulations
- Identify the required driver qualifications and what causes driver disqualification
- Explain how your conduct on the road and at the customer influences the public’s view of you and your company
The J. J. Keller Safe and Smart Experienced Driver Training Program: The Professional Driver online course covers the following topics:
Your Vehicle: A Rolling Advertisement
- Lasting Impressions
- Your Driving Habits
- Vehicle Appearance
- The Face of Your Company
- Your Conduct and Image
- How to Handle an Angry Customer
A Regulated Industry
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs)
- Driver Qualifications
- Driver Disqualification
- Texting and Hand-Held Phone Violations
- Out-of-Service Violations
Length of Course: 10 minutes
Intended Audience: New hire, experienced non-CDL CMV drivers
Regs Covered (if applicable): N/A
Formats: Online Course
Copyright Date: 2020
Start training today!
Learn more about the Safe and Smart Driver Training Program.